Thursday 9 July 2015

It does what it says on the tin!

Have you ever heard that expression " it does what it says on the tin!"?  Well this card does exactly that.  So many of us struggle with doing a mans card, and I must admit when I bought the English Garden Designer Series Paper (138440), I most certainly didn't expect to be able to use it for a mans card. After all bees, flowers and pastel colours, there was nothing I could see there that shouted man to me.  So there I was today all ready to get all girly with cut out butterflies, ribbon and my dsp, until I opened the pack and started flicking through to see what paper to use for my girly creation.
Then.........POW....... i saw these earth colour spotches, well the girly idea flew right out of the window! I found some cream cards that I had waiting to be used up plus a sheet of olive green card, although in hindsight I could have used the Old Olive cardstock that match the papers (139010), but I had this card in my hand and it needed using up!
Well a bit of matting and layers.  A wrap a round of linen thread (104199) plus the happy birthday from the Age Awareness. Stamp set (135381), stamped using Mossy Meadow (133645) and I had a card that any bloke would love to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment